Monday, July 7, 2008

Brookside 4th of July


There's nothing like the 4th of July in Brookside....

Jean and Jessie looking patriotic


The "Best small town parade in America" rolled down the streets of Brookside again last Thursday. The theme for the 4th of July parade was "Broadway comes to Brookside." Despite a little rain before the start of the parade, the turnout was great. I hear going back the last 50 years, no one can recall it raining on the 4th of July parade. Joe Arwady did a terrific job as parade chairman. ( Having done this job for 5 times before, I know what a huge amount of work it is so my hats of to you Joe! )





Since there are a number of dogs currently residing in my house, my family agreed to chair the Pooch Parade this year. Did you know the Wizard of Oz was on Broadway in 1903? Toto was too small to be seen from the balcony so it featured Dorothy's cow Imogene. Here's my family and our version of this classic. We really enjoyed ourselves!






I just have to share the photos of all the great entries....







After going by once in a car, our mayor Phyliss Florek and Township Committee Member Richard Kreig came back and joined the Pooch Parade with their adorable dogs














One of my favorite parts of the day is enjoying the firetruck rides with my friend, Lynda Menton. We sing patriotic songs and share lots of laughs as we get sprayed by the locals as we ride by. Lynda has been chairing the Brookside Fourth of July festivities for many years and does and amazing job! Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of Betty since she was hard at work cooking lunch in the Rotary booth.

God Bless America!
~Diane











1 comment:

HOME IN MENDHAM AND CHESTER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.